Nightforce ATACR 7X35X56 Moar F1 vs Leupold VX-5HD 7-35-56 CDS-TZL3

gpower77

Hello,

So I have both of these scopes, Nightforce ATACR 7X35X56 Moar F1 vs Leupold VX-5HD 7-35-56 CDS-TZL3, 34mm tubes, and wondering thoughts on each? I have never been around the Leupold Scopes, primarily nightforce, and typically shoot 500+ yards with a 308. I am however going to be using a new Christianson Arms Carbon Fiber 300WM for a bear hunt in MT this summer. Leupold seems to have really nice glass, not as 'clunky" I guess would be the right term, compared to the nightforce. Anyhow, Ill be using one, and probably sell the other, leaning towards keeping the Leupold though. Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks

GP

Attachments

• ATACR.png
    ATACR.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Leupold.jpeg
    Leupold.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 300WM.png
    300WM.png
    383.5 KB · Views: 77
Hello,

So I have both of these scopes, Nightforce ATACR 7X35X56 Moar F1 vs Leupold VX-5HD 7-35-56 CDS-TZL3, 34mm tubes, and wondering thoughts on each? I have never been around the Leupold Scopes, primarily nightforce, and typically shoot 500+ yards with a 308. I am however going to be using a new Christianson Arms Carbon Fiber 300WM for a bear hunt in MT this summer. Leupold seems to have really nice glass, not as 'clunky" I guess would be the right term, compared to the nightforce. Anyhow, Ill be using one, and probably sell the other, leaning towards keeping the Leupold though. Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks

GP
Let us know if you are selling the NF may know someone that wants one. If it was a Mil we would take it.
Well there are a lot of LHR members that would like to buy either one!
Just be happy with the one you save!

I agree with your thoughts as well. I think the Leupold glass is getter and the NF made my gun extremely top heavy. But the NF is bombproof and certainly feels that way.

Leupold vx5 glass better than the NF atacr 7-35, first time I've read that. I have read that some were underwhelmed with the 5-25 glass but from my understanding the 7-35 is better glass. I actually just picked one up myself to test.

The gen 2 ATACR is noticeably better than the 1st gen and to me is better than the VX-5/VX-6 glass. I do like the 30 MOA per rev turret on the ATACR and it is double numbered to 60 MOA, not sure how many per rev on the VX-5 but I think it only has ~60 MOA elevation where the ATACR has 100 MOA. If weight is a concern the VX-5 is 26oz and the ATACR is pushing 40oz but I would give the durability award to the Nightforce for sure. I was shooting at 1,721 yards last week and had the ATACR on 7x but mine is an F2 I don't use the high magnification as much as I thought I would.