Nightforce 5.5x22x50 with G7 reticle??

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Ingwe, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Ingwe

Ingwe Well-Known Member

I am seriously looking into this scope but I am not having much luck finding one with the G7 reticle.....am I missing something here?? I would consider a used/demo as well. Where can I get one??

What do you all think of the optical quality of Nightforce scopes...what other scope would you compare the optical quality to?

I threw out allot of questions so I hope that you all don't mind:)

Thanks! Frank

2. jmitchell135

jmitchell135 Well-Known Member

gseven - G7 5.5-22X50 LR

This one? Their website says in stock. I wonder if it isn't advertised as "nightforce" and instead gunwerks or g7 or something like that.

3. Ingwe

Ingwe Well-Known Member

Yes that's the one Jim and thank you.

I notice that its allot more than the other reticles so I wonder if I should just go with the simpler Mil Dot

4. speeders

speeders Well-Known Member

It's a nightforce scope sold by G7/Gunwerks as it is thier reticle design. The elevation turret is shorter and the windage is covered up. Once you shoot your bullet for drop data you then have to pay close to 175 bucks to get the turret burnt to your load.

You pay a few hundred or more dollars up front and then 175 more for the turret. I have both the g7 and 5.5X22 nxs with npr1 reticle with zero stop.

I suggest just save your cash and go with standard nxs.
    Just my .02

5. jmitchell135

jmitchell135 Well-Known Member

I know I love my NXS. I have seen everyone discontinuing the npr1 reticle for great prices.

6. CPGfan

CPGfan Well-Known Member

Pm sent