Nightforce G7 fogging

93trojan

Well, I brought my new 338 win mag to Utah on an elk hunt. I had Gunwerks put on a G7 5.5x22. I have Swarovskis on my other rifles, so it was a little leap of faith to try something new. It was a rainy morning when the moment of truth came. A big bull stepped out with some cows at about 400 yards. I got set up on a rock and when I was locked and loaded, I looked to find the bull in my scope. I almost had a heart attack when all I could see was a white fuzzy blob! I was thinking, "This piece of sh!!t"(among a lot of other things that I wont write here), as I frantically searched for some tissue to wipe the lens. I still fought some fogging after the wipe job, but was able to connect on the bull. He went into some trees and didn't come out. I decided to take a look through my Swarovski 10x50 SLCs to see if I could find him. What do you know, my Swarovskis were all fogged up also! I couldn't believe it. It must have been the perfect storm for fogging good optics. The bull was down thankfully. I looked at my new rifle/scope and smiled. I quietly apologized to my Nightforce:)

93trojan

Keep your guns/optics in the truck overnight and if they stay outside temp you should
see less problems with the lenses fogging up.

Yes, do just like Loner mentioned about leaving them in your truck overnight or enough time before you hunt. I learned that lesson from my binoculars fogging up. I put everything in the vehicle I will be taking the night before and if I hunt in the evening I put em out there around lunch time.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.