G7 Nightforce NXS?

rcdinaz

Anyone have a definite answer on the changes to the G7 version of the NXS vs the standard?

I looked at the site and all I could tell was:
Lower profile turrets
Custom elevation turret

Everything else looked the same, is this correct? Is the big selling point the custom turret calibrated to your load?

With a customer turret based on load info at 1,500 ft but then used at 5K ft- 9K ft and about 30-40deg difference in temp wouldn't it be off any way? This is my situation.

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere I searched but G7 is to shot a term to get hits with even with NXS or Nightforce.

Thanks for any feedback, deciding what to buy in the fall for a new rifle.

Hey RC,
I'm looking at the g7 and believe it is well thought out. Beside the items you mentioned is the reticle. I think it is an excellent idea. At close range, quick hold-overs can be used. For longer range dial and shoot, or dial and shot at all distances if one has the time.
There is a recent update on their site on the G7 Scope Reticle gseven - Final Version G7 5.5-22 Reticle and the turret http://www.gseven.com/news/New-Ballistic-Turret-Featuring-MOA- <-- For some reason this will not operate as a link, on the Scope link, look to the right-hand side bar and there is a link there to the turret.
I like the idea of the turret having the custom numbering and moa scales. I wonder if there will be engraved turrets in the future.
I believe that the elevation correction can be handled fairly easily with grid card with elevation and distance. By developing a load and then deciding the elevation a majority of shooting will be done get the turret for that elevation and develop the card using their software (or any other).
Another option would be to purchase a couple or three turrets.

Last edited:
mtngun, thanks hadnt seen the updated link. not sure why the turrets wouldnt work on any moa nxs scope. looks good though!

I've been able to look at and fondle a G7. From what I can see, it's an NSX with no illumination, a balistic turret, low profile turrets and a zero-stop. All for the same price as a regular NSX with a zero-stop and illumination. I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal on a dang good scope.

I am ordering one today. It does have the illuminated reticle. You can also get a custom turret that has both moa and your custom load data on the turrent. So basically you have the best of both worlds in one pacage.

LRSickle, I believe there may be a new version coming out based on the G7 website update. I don't know anything more than what I read there.
If there is an illumnated version I believe one of the turrets will be taller again (batteries). Can you check my link and confirm if the reticle is the same, or different than the one you saw?

LRSickle, I believe there may be a new version coming out based on the G7 website update. I don't know anything more than what I read there.
If there is an illumnated version I believe one of the turrets will be taller again (batteries). Can you check my link and confirm if the reticle is the same, or different than the one you saw?

The reticle is definetely the same as the one I saw. I'm sure the scope I looked through didn't have a lighted reticle. It's a great scope, just like the regular NSXs.

The G7's that are on the market have the old style reticle and no illumination. All of the new ones will have the new style reticle w/illumination the are taking orders on them now and should be shipping by the end of the month. My understanding is they still have some of the old style available.

Thanks Roper, that explains my confusion. The first version is a standard R1 reticle but it will now a be a G7 custom MOA version.

I am looking forward to some reviews on this, it may be my next scope unless I find a smoking deal on another NXS or Razor.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.