night vision or thermal for .243

Trophyelk6x6

Hello, I live out here in Western Washington and coyote hunting isn't a common thing, but I want to branch out and start doing it. I kill a couple every year on my farm but that's just opportunity stuff. We definately got our fair share of dogs. I recently built a .243 win and I am debating putting a night vision or thermal rifle scope on it. We can hunt at night with calls if there is no other big game season open. I was looking at ATN and then a buddy said Pulsar night vision model????? it had a 50 in the model I do recall that. I am in the price range of under 2K looking for something around 1500.00 or so. I have not decided thermal vs night vision either. Done some research on the differences. Any thoughts or comments are much appreciated! Mike

If you can swing a nice thermal that's the ticket. U will end up there eventually. Thermion 2 xp50. Resolution is the key. Might go a little higher on the base magnification (from 2 to 3x) I find 4x is where I like to shoot from but every time u zoom in you loose pic quality.

Dunno what call you use or intend to buy for yote hunting. I just wanted to save ya some time, look REALLY hard at this FoxPro, a little pricey but man will it call in the dogs!!!

FoxPro Call

I also have Wildlife Technologies call which is good but this is in a different league, the stereo and ability to use calls simultaneously can sound like two packs getting into it... I've had a lot of success all year with this call...