Newcastle, Wyoming prairie dog hunting

i thought that might be the son he was a little boy of maybe 7 or 8 at the time i was hunting the ranch for deer and antelope back in the 70's and early 80's also shot a lot of p-dogs it truely is a small world. is the family still letting hunters hunt for a trespass fee ?

Not really sure about that, but if he doesn't respond on this thread within the next few days I would just click on his name and send him a PM. He's a good guy and I'll bet it was him that you remember when you were there decades ago.

i thought that might be the son he was a little boy of maybe 7 or 8 at the time i was hunting the ranch for deer and antelope back in the 70's and early 80's also shot a lot of p-dogs it truely is a small world. is the family still letting hunters hunt for a trespass fee ?

Hello,

Yea, that was either myself or my little brother, my brother passed away a few years ago. The ranch is still in the family, however some of it has been sold to neighbors since the early 80's and it's not quite as large as it was back then.

We still allow deer and antelope hunting for a trespass fee and I do semi-guided hunts, but we don't have the game that was around back in those years, not by a long shot. Had about 12 years of drought back to back, and hardly anyone grows any alfalfa anymore. Dad turned the hunting management of the place over to me about 12 years ago, but he is still around and is doing good.

Send me a PM if you wish, I am unsure of your name.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts