New x-caliber 270 win barrel for savage 111

Flatlandcoaxer86

I just purchased a new Xcaliber barrel for my old 270 and it turned out a little heavier than I expected so Im planning on sending it off to Long Rifles Inc. to be fluted along with the bolt body. Has anyone used them before?

This rifle is going to be a lightweight hunting rig with premium accuracy in mind. 26" 1 in 9 twist stainless barrel. I plan to use the Berger 150 VLD as I have 300 of them already. B&C stock, timney trigger, PTG bolt head. Thought about having the reciever faced but most Smiths don't seem to take on savages for anything. Id like this rifle to be supremely accurate. What else can I do?

I build Savages all the time. With that said replace the recoil lug and the barrel nut with a precision one from Northland shooters supply or I believe X-Caliber sells them though I have not used theirs. The factory recoil lugs are atrocious. I personally torque the barrel nut with the go-gauge + 1 thickness of scotch tape in place. You do not want the headspace too tight. It will cause you headaches latter.