New "Tripod Multi Mount" for scope and rangefinder at same time

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
This is pretty cool. I wish I'd found this in time for use last fall.

multi-mount-1.jpg

I've been looking for this item for personal use for years. Finally found it, can't wait to use it next year. Above is a picture of my own rangefinder and spotter. This enables you to get a good range and alternate with your spotter. In my case, I often do this while in my prone shooter position.

When your target is way out there, it helps tremendously to have a very stable platform for your rangefinder.

You could also mount your video camera.

Very simple to use, lightweight, 7 ounces. Use your existing quick release plate to attach it to your tripod head.

Buy it HERE at the LRH Store.

 A great accessory for optics gear freaks to mount two optics to one range finder.
 Works with or without quick release plates.
 Solid aluminum bar, black anodized, 1/4 or 3/8 threads for standard tripods.
 Knurled thumb screws with 1/4x20 threads, standard for cameras, bino attachments, weather stations, spotters and range finders.
 Saves time, no need to switch from spotter to range finder, binos to camera, etc.
Does not include optional Leica rangefinder bracket/holder shown and sold elsewhere in our store.

tmm-bare.jpg

Last edited:
In 2009 I shot 2 antelope near Casper, Wyoming at 450 and 625 yards, from the prone position in the following picture. It shows my tripod setup before I had this new bracket. With my tripod legs splayed I was able to get down prone behind my rifle and still continue to use my spotter on the tripod.

Now I'll have the rangefinder on the right and the spotter or 15x56 Vortex Kaibab binos on the left.

573-small.jpg

568-small.jpg

That is a great and much needed multi optic bar at a price that is 50% less than what you can find from other manufacturers and a lot less than what experimenting in my garage costs. It is nice and compact and appears to have the needed strength. I would also say that you need a good tripod to hold the extra weight and I use the LRH Store Vanguard Alta with my heavy Kowa spotting scope and video camera and Swaro LRF. It is strong enough and steady enough for that much weight.

I mentioned in a previous post a couple of months ago about a homemade device I made and posted a video I made with it of Phil shooting a deer. Before I had such a device I had to use and adjust three separate tripods to get a range and a video on my animals. In the end I probably spent $150 in parts and discarded parts trying to find a good combination of strength and utility and mine weighs a good bit because of the need for strength.

Here is a picture of my old spotting technique with two tripods shown and the camera that took the picture on a third. There are then two pictures of my homemade gizmo showing some of the misaligned bolt holes that had to be re-drilled, etc.

Attachments

• Spotting(1).jpg
    Spotting(1).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Multibar (2).JPG
    Multibar (2).JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Multibar.JPG
    Multibar.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 245
This looks like it would also work very well for mounting 2 spotting scopes side by side to make a pair of "Big eyes"! I will be ordering soon as I think I could make it work as a digi-scoping mount with some creativity.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.