New to the game

LILtank,
I do most of my 100 yd tests at home. Then run back in to the reloading cave and roll some more to repeat. Then I'll drive to the range and test out to 500.
If I could just find somewhere on my property to get a level, line of sight out that far. You'd think with 30 arces in Ohio it wouldn't be hard, wrong.
Sometimes I just go to the range to snoop around and see what other guys are shooting etc. Never stop learning about this stuff.
Where in C.PA you at Liltank? Lock Haven, Happy valley? I'm Pennsyltuckian by birth, NW PA. Hermitage. College in the burgh, 2 in Kane and now stuck as a flatlander (which isn't so flat in my neck of the woods).

Gene

Where in C.PA you at Liltank? Lock Haven, Happy valley? I'm Pennsyltuckian by birth, NW PA. Hermitage. College in the burgh, 2 in Kane and now stuck as a flatlander (which isn't so flat in my neck of the woods).

Gene

Live in Howard along Sayers Dam Lake/ Bald Eagle State Park. It's in the middle of State College, and Lock Haven. 20min either direction to get to any type of decent store. I too find hard to believe you can't find a flat spot on 30 acres in Ohio. It's about as flat as Oklahoma! Not quite, but almost. Have some good friends that live in Dayton.

20 mins north of WV and 10 mins west of Pa border, Rolling hills and trees. Not a bad thing really. I'd hate to be surrounded by corn fields and flatness.
I know some guys that have done very well on Bear in your area. And another hunting buddy lives there near State college. Nice area.

Take care,
Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.