New to the Forum

Mook STW

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for some help.
A while back I purchased a new Remington SF-I in 7mm STW.
I have never shot the rifle, never bought a box of ammo for it. While I am ready to experiment with reloading. I have been a hunter for 20+ years and my go to rifle for the last 4 seasons has been a Remington Sendero SF-II chambered in 264 WM.
My career has kept me busy for the last few years and finally I have some breathing room.
Can anyone suggest some reading material for reloading. I have a basic Rock Chucker Kit. I have no dies yet. I do understand that finding Dies may take some time. I am a thorough kind of person and like to learn new things. I also have four young children so safety is an absolute must for me. I have invested a lot of time and money in renovating a gun/reloading room in our home so this is something I have worked towards for some time, not just some mid-life crisis or impulsive urge.
Any information would be greatly appreciated to take me into the next phase of hunting for me and potential something I can pass on to my young ones in the future.

Kind regards

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Just picked up Sendero 7STW, will just get started into reloading. I did get a set of Hornady dies 544440 and 100 rounds of RM brass with the gun.

Having recommendations from you guys that work with this specific round is most useful.

One gets brain overload when scanning the net with all the data out here. With list gets very long with lots of duplication and decisions.

jjw
ND

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.