New to the 338 edge family, with lots of ???

Lol 😂 I hope that doesn't happen.
I was just pulling your Chain !

If you get short I probably have about 1000 pcs of 300 Rum Brass ! Lol

I hear i will gain Velocity with ADG brass , i will see .

Dont waste your time with Bertram brass .

Rum Man

Best dies ....just get them from Shawn at Defensive Edge .

Best powder for a smooth ride with 300 gr bergers.....H-1000 = 2850 ft.per.sec in a 30 " barrel , crazy accuracy!

Better Performance with the 300 gr bergers ......Re-33 , kicking butt @ 3029 ft.per.sec so far not done testing yet .

There is NO ..+P on any of my 338 Edge rifles ....Yet .

All my testing/shooting was done with Sized up Remington 300 Rum once fired brass .

Rum Man
You're making me wish I hadn't sold mine now. I guess it will be time for another build after I get these ones finished that are in the works.

338 Edge 3 shot at 100 yards .
View attachment 530549

338 Edge at 3027 yards , 3 shot group of 26 3/4" ! Plate is 36" x 36 " View attachment 530555
Oh that's 1.72 miles but who is counting ! 🤣🤣

Rum Man
That's some awesome shooting, I can't wait to get mine and to start beating up some steel
then critters. What kind of load did you end up developing for this.

I have a 100 pieces of Remington 300RUM brass and 500 pieces of sized but not fireformed 338 Edge Nosler Custom brass. It's about 10 years old and the Remington brass is new in the unopened 50 round package. I'm good for now. Enough to dislocate the average shoulder and empty a bank account just fire forming them:D

Last edited:
I did find out when I put two 338 's together with Identical parts ..EXCEPT ..one was a 338 Edge and the other a 338 Rum and there were 1 ft.per.sec apart .

338 Edge , 300 gr berger , h-1000 = 2884 ft.per.sec

338 Rum , 300 gr berger, h-1000 = 2883 ft.per.sec.
Both were carbon barrels 30" ,t -3 Terminator brake, Remington action.

Rum Man

That's some awesome shooting, I can't wait to get mine and to start beating up some steel
then critters. What kind of load did you end up developing for this.
I shot this target with 90.4 gr of H-1000 , cci 250 primers . No other powders were available at the time .
The H-1000 load was so easy and shot Amazing !
Took my last Bull Elk at 1244 yards .
Tons of shooting to get that point !
The 338 Edge is a great round ..but not a Lazer Beam ! Lol

Rum Man

Best dies ....just get them from Shawn at Defensive Edge .

Best powder for a smooth ride with 300 gr bergers.....H-1000 = 2850 ft.per.sec in a 30 " barrel , crazy accuracy!

Better Performance with the 300 gr bergers ......Re-33 , kicking butt @ 3029 ft.per.sec so far not done testing yet .

There is NO ..+P on any of my 338 Edge rifles ....Yet .

All my testing/shooting was done with Sized up Remington 300 Rum once fired brass .

Rum Man
Ok, I was looking at his, and thought that might be the best route to go as well. Wow great numbers without being the +p throat. And the accuracy is there too.

Lots of good info if you dig up the 338 Edge .
Now I do agree that with H-1000 your barrel might out last you ! With the Re-33 and Nv570 out there you definitely gain Velocity but just like Nitrous it takes a toll on your set up .
I dont set there and bang away at steel as much as before so I like the extra Horsepower for my Hunting set up !

Rum Man

Just started the same journey myself, with a twist. Mine is completely unjustifiable, just wanted to do it.

BAT Model M single feed (right bolt, left port)
Accuracy Solutions F.A.S.T. chassis
Valdada Anvil Bipod
Haven't decided on a trigger yet
Barrel will be a 36" 1.25 straight taper (Kreiger) chambered (+P throated for 300gr Berger) by Mr Carlock with his slab brake
Valdada RAM 200 Rocker adjustable base topped with my 5x25 ATACR

Idea is for it to come in around 25-30#s. I want it to shoot like my 260😎. Will get lots of use from all my family, so wanted it to be fun to shoot, not punishing. We've already accomplished 1 mile with 6.5x280AI and a 223AI, so I think we can tackle 2 miles with this setup?

Just waiting on the barrel to come in, but that's another 6 or 7 months away. I'll share what I get, but doubt it will help you much?🤣

H1000 is the intended powder, with the hopes of 3050-3100fps without leaning on it? Have US869, N570, RL-33 if I want to push it, but don't really want too.
I have that same Valdada adj.base and it works great ! I did a tall target test to check everything .

Wow ! A 36" Barrel holy molly!
It will be a Perfect Bench /Prone gun I'm Positive!

Rum Man

Lots of good info if you dig up the 338 Edge .
Now I do agree that with H-1000 your barrel might out last you ! With the Re-33 and Nv570 out there you definitely gain Velocity but just like Nitrous it takes a toll on your set up .
I dont set there and bang away at steel as much as before so I like the extra Horsepower for my Hunting set up !

Rum Man
I hope to get it all figured out for the fall. Got a sweet little spot to cover with it.