New to site: My build is finished!!!

Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you all. The scope is simply amazing! Crystal clear, it tracks like a Swiss watch, and I am a huge fan of the open center cross hair. Thank you all for the nice words and since my last post I have since had a chance to get this rifle out at some distances greater than 100 yards.

A couple of weeks ago I was shooting at 400 yards and the wind was gusting to 25 mph and changing directions/swirling but was holding constant for the most parts at 15-18mph. I tried to only shoot when the wind was constant and squeezed off several 5 shot groups. When I walked up to the target I was pleasantly surprised to see my smallest group was 1.5 in vertical X 2 inch horizontal for my smallest group and my worst group was a 3 inch group.

I recently went further back to 585 yards on a day with a lot less wind 5-7mph and not changing directions. With my cold bore shot and four consecutive shots I posted a 4 inch group. If I took out the cold bore shot it was 2.6 inches! :D I am now trying to find a place where I can move to even further distances and see how it holds up.

I am the happiest man alive knowing that I built this gun from the ground up, I installed the barrel, trigger, everything and it seems to be a consistent sub MOA gun when I do my part. I am in Oklahoma and the wind never stops but I would love to shoot on a day where I could factor out the wind and really see what it could do, but wind conditions always exist here. Thank you all again and I will try and post more often and hopefully have some more results at a longer distance soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.