New to site...here is two I built

Captn C

I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the H
Or at least had a hand in the building. I used old Bruno military action that I turned the bolt and replaced the triggers, bolt shrouds and helped with the parkerizing.

One is a thumb hole 6mmAI and the other is a 7mm RM. The 7mm RM is fine shooter and might be a long range gun in the proper hands as it is.

Any way here is a couple pics of the guns and one target that I shot at 100 yards...3 shot group.

Mesquite-guns2-04.jpg

I cut the mesquite tree down, had the slabs cut, cured the wood then sent them out to be duplacated. I did all the fit and finish work my self.

Target1.jpg

It was tough! It all started when a large tree (two men couldn't reach around it) in the back of camp died and I thought "man! what waste of bunch of pretty wood". My dad built a few custom guns back in the late 70's and he told me they would a great looking stock. So I cut the tree down and took it to a saw mill. The guy who ran the saw mill had cut mesquite before, but not for gun stock blanks. He did have very good knowledge of how the wood would look once it was cut and how to maxiumize our effort to get the wood I needed. There was still a ton of scrap, but I ended up with several blanks. There is a couple that are maybe's and one that that is the mate to the lower one in the pic. I think I still have 4 or 5 more that should make.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.