New build finished

jghoghunter

Heres some pics of my cousins first custom build. Interarms MK X action, Douglas Premium XX Barrel and a custom hand laminated stock by Custom Rifle Stocks. Rifle is in 260 Rem. Him and I did everything except chamber the bbl.

Attachments

• seth 001.JPG
    seth 001.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 140
  • seth 004.JPG
    seth 004.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 126
  • seth 005.JPG
    seth 005.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 99
  • seth 006.JPG
    seth 006.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 118
  • seth 007.JPG
    seth 007.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 122
  • seth 003.JPG
    seth 003.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 124
Nice work looks like maple tip and cap on the stock. Do you have a link to the stock maker? Something cool about those Mauser actions when custom built, sounds like your groups are grouping nicely.

Bob that stock was made by myself. I own Custom Rifle Stocks. Custom Rifle Stocks - Gun Stock Duplicating
Yes the tip and cap are curly maple.
On this particular stock we actually cut the trees off our mtn ground in the early 90's. Had some stock blanks cut. Then we cut them down to about 3/32" then run them thru a surface sander. The layers are about a 1/16th" thick. I built a press to laminate stocks together. Then cut it on a Don Allen duplicator. My cousin did most of the final fit and finish.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.