New to Air Guns

royinidaho

Jumped in with both foots!

Air Force Condor SS 22 cal
Weaver Tactical FFP Mil Dot 4.5 - 14 X 44

Took a bit to ge her shooting. Completely tore down, cleaned, top hat "0" ring.

This thing shoots.

Main quarry is that ****'d bar neck dove.

Kill range 20 - 76 yards

Pellets:

JSB 18.1@1050
JSB 25 @ 930
JSB 33 @ 830

Power setting = 2

50 shots in sweet pressure range 1750 - 2500 PSI

My buddy's Benjamin Marauder favorite load is JSB 18.1s @ 820.
He has turned 1600 of those bar necks int to jerky - so far. His goal is 2000. Last year total was 1561.

My fav load is JSB 25.x grains at 930. The 18.1s drop fast after 65 yards and the Idaho wind messes with them way more than the 25s.

Had a great evening last Thursday, 33 kills w/17 no misses @ 63 yds. Hit % was 90 - no wind, unusual for here.

To 45 yds all 3 pellet weights have exact same POI.

Longest confirmed kill, dove @ 76 yards, on a windy day.

Got some 33 grain offerings on the way to attempt a yote.:rolleyes:

If a fella gets a good hide in the reeds sniping ducks and geese goes quite well.

Ground slushing seems ethical when only head shots taken at around 40 yards.

The satisfaction of head shots seems to surpass the rush of a folly of shots when they approach the decoys.

And it sure increases trigger time.

Love my Marauder except for having to pump. It's great for keeping the crows and squirrels out of the garden. Squirrel with biscuits and gravy. Pretty dang good.

I love my Anschutz for close range pest control but I don't want to drop $500+ on a more powerful airgun. I put a cheap scope on it I had lying around and inside 20 yards it's a big mistake to be a squirrel.

Some of the new benjamin nitro piston 2, 22 cal springer are very powerful and are not terrible expensive. It you put the rc car bearing in the trigger they are quite nice to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.