Air pistol for grouse

Jeffpg

I backpack into high country wilderness areas and hunt deer and elk with a muzzleloader.

I need a compact and quiet weapon to take the grouse encountered almost daily to cook in camp and think a quality air pistol may be the answer.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Jeff

I should have been more clear, but these grouse are encountered along the trail as I cover ground from one point to another. They are easily approached to about 10 steps or so normally and stay on the ground for the most part as they slowly walk away.
They are approachable to the point that I have been planning to attempt to take them with a slingshot, but it is less compact that a pistol would be, and I am sure I can be more proficient with the airgun.

Thanks
Jeff

Check your state game regs as some do not allow the use of air guns for hunting. Personally, I would take a .22 along as the dinner pot filler.

as stated before, make sure and check the regs, but i have personally seen dozens taken with a benjamin .22 cal air pistol.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.