PCP air gun

Factory moderated airguns are much quieter than a .22 rimfire. The loudest maybe like a .22 CB cap. Un-moderated can easily be as loud as a .22. Many PCP's are shrouded or moderated already. Some shrouded models are also threaded for an additional moderator. I am personally afraid of removeable moderators. The ATF has refused to regulate sound suppression on airguns, as they are not considered firearms. Still, if you can easily put it on a firearm, I can see the ATF eventually coming to the door!! I have not addressed the big bore airguns. They move a lot of air, and even moderated, they can be too loud for city dwellers. For the money, I like one of the Benjamin Marauder series for the beginner. It can work very well and be very accurate. If I wanted to keep my funds tight, one could do me fine even after having some PCP;s that I had $3000 into.

Factory moderated airguns are much quieter than a .22 rimfire. The loudest maybe like a .22 CB cap. Un-moderated can easily be as loud as a .22. Many PCP's are shrouded or moderated already. Some shrouded models are also threaded for an additional moderator. I am personally afraid of removeable moderators. The ATF has refused to regulate sound suppression on airguns, as they are not considered firearms. Still, if you can easily put it on a firearm, I can see the ATF eventually coming to the door!! I have not addressed the big bore airguns. They move a lot of air, and even moderated, they can be too loud for city dwellers. For the money, I like one of the Benjamin Marauder series for the beginner. It can work very well and be very accurate. If I wanted to keep my funds tight, one could do me fine even after having some PCP;s that I had $3000 into.
You could put them on a firearm but the guts inside won't hold up to them from the ones I "heard" about. Some have felt or some sort of material inside that's wrapped that would need to be removed also. I shoot 25 cal a 935 fps Sub moa at 100yards and it's pretty quiet. I shoot in the neighborhood without any trouble. https://utahairguns.com/donnyfl-shogun-moderator/

For those starting out it's still pricey if you get a decent size tank and a decent air compressor. But, the amount of rounds fired will be way up there and worth it.
The sky's the limit on customization from custom barrels, pellets/slugs, regulators, etc. The triggers and machine work on some are better than most firearm rifles.

FF Station will not fill tanks anywhere around myself. They deem it a liability risk was what I was told.
I bought a compressor problem solved.
I wanted their expired tanks too. But they are required to drill a hole in them and through in the trash.
"Officially"….
Different firehouses, chiefs, cptns, officers on duty etc will have their own sets of rules. I always do my best to ask multiple people in "less than official" capacity and see where that goes. Totally possible they will, totally possible they won't. Therefore, I'll stick to my original response of "possible". 😁
There's a paintball field 5 mins away from my house and they'll fill my tank for about $10 or so and I don't have to buy or maintain another air compressor. It would allow a bit more freedom though to have my own.

First starling just bit the dust… at 93 yards… first shot was actually a miss low left, but I watched the pellet hit, adjusted the hold in the reticle and throat-punched him. Think I'm hooked.
Air guns are SOOO much fun, I have a Diana-DWS 350 Magnum break barrel that I've taken a magpie @ 83, a chipmunk @ 78 and I don't know how many turkey's. I used it this year for grouse. Springers are no where near the sophistication of PCP's but just one action to cock the rifle is a
BIG bonus...

22 caliber. I figured what the hell I'm already in over my head with centerfire rifle's, just dipping my feet into building different AR's, now I'm into PCP rifles as well. I may be spreading my resources very thin!

Coyote Shadow beat me to it!View attachment 403205
Just slightly larger than my "super" 80's!!!! would be nice for bottom time but rather hard to strap into my BC..... 😂

That was a question I have is how loud are they?
It does not really mater were I live as I have a 100yrd shooting lane but quiet would be nice at times.
Can't speak to all but my FX Impact is super super quiet. You can YouTube the one you're looking for and listen to one surpressed… but they're all pretty much quiet.

another tank fill option is a cascade system. Usually 3 tanks, each 6000PSI. You will need the fill/control system. You can purchase your tanks and have them refilled, or you can rent your tanks and have the supplier pick up and drop off tanks. You hook up your tank, slowly open first 6000PSI tank valve and fill slowly, Usually a high squealing sound will be heard. After the first 6000 PSI tank empties below the level to top off your tank, it will not have enough air to completely fill your tank. Then, you use the 1st 6000PSI tank to fill are far as it can. Turn off that valve. The slowly open the 2nd valve and fill away. This keeps going until you are on the 3rd tank. After the first tank no longer puts in any air, you do this. Make sure all valves are off. Remove the first tank. move the other two tanks so they are now #1 and #2. Hook up the new 6000PSI tank to the 3rd position, and start all over. You can do a LOT of filling this way.

another tank fill option is a cascade system. Usually 3 tanks, each 6000PSI. You will need the fill/control system. You can purchase your tanks and have them refilled, or you can rent your tanks and have the supplier pick up and drop off tanks. You hook up your tank, slowly open first 6000PSI tank valve and fill slowly, Usually a high squealing sound will be heard. After the first 6000 PSI tank empties below the level to top off your tank, it will not have enough air to completely fill your tank. Then, you use the 1st 6000PSI tank to fill are far as it can. Turn off that valve. The slowly open the 2nd valve and fill away. This keeps going until you are on the 3rd tank. After the first tank no longer puts in any air, you do this. Make sure all valves are off. Remove the first tank. move the other two tanks so they are now #1 and #2. Hook up the new 6000PSI tank to the 3rd position, and start all over. You can do a LOT of filling this way.
Where did you get your 6000 psi tanks? I checked with my local welding supply house and was told that I was not qualified or trained in their use, therefore they would not supply me with the cylinders! Really irritated me as I've been working on high pressure accumulators for 30+ years! Thanks to their attitude, I will be finding a new welding supply house to spend my dollars at!

Where did you get your 6000 psi tanks? I checked with my local welding supply house and was told that I was not qualified or trained in their use, therefore they would not supply me with the cylinders! Really irritated me as I've been working on high pressure accumulators for 30+ years! Thanks to their attitude, I will be finding a new welding supply house to spend my dollars at!
it was a local supplier. I never knew any had certain requirements.