new tikka t3 magnum build

ofl0926

Hey whats up everyone. so I have a long action magnum donor action and I am thinking of ideas of what to caliber to build. it will be a hunting rifle for whitetail, mule deer and the occasional elk hunt. I would like to here some ideas and suggestions on calibers. I already have a 6.5 prc. I do reload but still new to it. let me know and thank you

Last edited:
All tikka actions are the same. I would go with a 7mm of some sort. You can go basic with 7mm Rem Mag or go with a wildcat like the 7mm Sherman MAX. You have a wide range of bullet selection.

I would look at the saum or WSM cases, the 7 mags 300 WM ect. Will be hindered by the 3.4 mag box.
300 WSM would be perfect.

You may get some but I doudt you will get enough to shoot a 7 mag with 180 or a 300WM with a 215 and get it out at the neck shoulder junction. With the right reamer a 300 wsm is pretty impressive with 215 or 210

Yeah if you dont mind the length.
If you wanna shoot the 215 I'd definitely go 300WSM. Find somebody who has the right freebore or get your own made.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.