New Tablet Recommendations

djewell87

I'm looking for recommendations on an android tablet with built in gps to use for mapping. I want to set it up on a ram mount to take it in and out of vehicles and small boats, but also use it for checking trailcam cards in the field. I'm thinking about getting the Samsung A8, but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks

So I am an apple guy. Why? I'm in aviation and that is the standard. However, Samsung makes great stuff too and you're good to go with their products. I will say buy the best you can afford like optics in hunting. Better camera and the longevity of the operating system/updates before you have to buy/upgrade to the next best thing takes longer spreading your dollar farther. You get what you pay for…kinda.

Those are pretty nice, plus they are ruggedized to some degree and water resistant, up to 5 feet of water for 30 minutes, not that I would want to try that but it is nice to know a spill or some rain should not hurt it.

I did not realize that...but will appreciate it.

This Wednesday I start my first ever long distance E-bike camping, touring, road trip.

400 miles in the Driftless Area of SW Wisconsin. 20,000 feet vertical gain of rolling hills!

On my Tab9+ I will be reviewing and adjusting my RideWithGPS bike route nightly in camp as I proceed...and reading Issacson's 700 page EINSTEIN bio...digital version.

Weather forcast looks great. And fall color timing good.

Photos to follow...

Screenshot_20230925_073124_Ride with GPS.jpg

This Wednesday I start my first ever long distance E-bike camping, touring, road trip.

400 miles in the Driftless Area of SW Wisconsin. 20,000 feet vertical gain of rolling hills!

On my Tab9+ I will be reviewing and adjusting my RideWithGPS bike route nightly in camp as I proceed...and reading Issacson's 700 page EINSTEIN bio...digital version.

Photos to follow...

View attachment 496615

How are you handling/managing recharging of the bike? Thank you.

Last edited:
Welcome to Wisconsin. The colors aren't quite at their peak, However, the route you chose will still be spectacular anyway.... LOTS OF HILLS!!! I will be following your journey. Best wishes....

Photos to follow...

View attachment 496615
Len, now you've found yourself a new addiction: the Isaacson biographies. You must also read Franklin and Jobs. Both amazing men.

Photos to follow...

View attachment 496615
I've had issues where gps on my iPhone had me on the wrong side of the Hwy. would want to be in the mountains and on the wrong side of the mountain needing some wings, lol. Best to you on your adventure. I enjoyed the last posted adventure in the canyons. Looking forward to another read on your return