New stock effect accuracy?

skip AI

I am thinking of getting a new stock for my rifle, it has a free floating barrel and is very accurate, the question is, will changing the stock effect accuracy of the rifle?
Current stock is walnut and wish to replace with tactical synthetic stock.

TIA

skip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

might make it better,might make it worse.with a quality bedding job,it's doughtful you will loose and more than likely you will gain accuracy.

Hey skip,
Maybe you could give your old stock to your cricket team to use as a bat, it might help your batsman score some runs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

I hate to say this but Centre Punch, that was funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifLOL
Back to the topic what do you think?

Thanks

skip
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You'r right,
I have my Rem 700 243 AI Marinetex bedded in a HS precision tactical stock, although i have not shot it yet i have great expectations. All my other rifles were bolted into HS stocks and although i did not notice an increase in actual accuracy, the change in shot to shot consistancy was a vast improvement.
My buddy shoots a 26-06 senderro bedded into a factory supplied HS stock with top notch accuracy and consistancy, so if done properly i do not see why your upgrade should not be 100% successful.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.