New shooter question

Irish

I just bought a Weatherby Vanguard 2 in .243 . I plan to hunt Coyote and Deer. If I want to save the fur on the Coyote I should probebly use a 55 ( or so) grain bullet and for Deer a 100 grain. Should I sight the scope using the 100 grain because accuracy shooting a Deer is more importiant than the pelt of the Coyote. Or ???

Thank you for your input.

I'd personally either go one load(the 100) or go with two loads that hit at the same point at 100 yards or better. You'll need to be sighted in for either target. The 243 is a good round if you don't want a gaint killer. I killed my first deer with one.

I would think that a 55 gr varmint bullet would be more likely to fragment and cause more pelt damage where a 95-100 gr partition or bonded bullet would be a small hole in and small hole out.

I would think that a 55 gr varmint bullet would be more likely to fragment and cause more pelt damage where a 95-100 gr partition or bonded bullet would be a small hole in and small hole out.
if a bullet is frangible enough it won't make it out. So small hole in-- none out.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.