New scope

TxMulieHntr

I'm having a 6.5x284 built and it should be ready in about 2-3 weeks. The last thing I need for it is a new scope. I have about $1200-$1300 to spend. What would guys go with?

Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 is a great scope for a hunting rifle and can work well for target also. I have shot both of mine to 1000 yards.

The Zeiss V6 has a good reputation

Should be able to find either one used within your budget

I'm a huge Leupold fan. VX6HD line is a solid choice.

That being said, Anarchy Outdoors has Athlon scopes on sale. I've been curious about these for a while and I've heard very good things about these scopes.

Here's a link:
https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/athlon-ares-etr-riflescopes-selection/

I'm no salesman or anything, I don't own one of these yet, just something ya might want to consider.

I finally bought a Zeiss a few years ago, and all the scopes I used before it look dark and cloudy lol

Zeiss definitely has very clear, bright glass. I think they're under appreciated here in the states. The V6 is a great scope. It tracks wonderfully and the turret clicks are crisp and not mushy. Plus the zero stop. If they could be improve upon, I'd like to see them with the option of an illuminated reticle and a little more travel on the elevation.

There is a test of a Ruger Target Rifle on the homepage of this site. The author mentions using a scope from a new company called Riton (Right-On). Might be worth trying!

Zeiss definitely has very clear, bright glass. I think they're under appreciated here in the states. The V6 is a great scope. It tracks wonderfully and the turret clicks are crisp and not mushy. Plus the zero stop. If they could be improve upon, I'd like to see them with the option of an illuminated reticle and a little more travel on the elevation.
All I had was a 3.5-10x44 Conquest Target. I too found the target turrets very crisp, and quite audible and easy to count. It must still be a good scope, because I was trying to find another one and used ones are $400 on ebay.

I'm a huge Leupold fan. VX6HD line is a solid choice.

I know they are a great product, but I won't use them for the same reason I dislike the 30-06 and Honda motorcycles. One uncle that thought those were the only things manufactured. He once started telling us he uses them because that's all the military has ever used lol

Ok, sorry, off topics derail.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.