New Rifle.

Between the two choices you listed both will kill elk but the 300 is a better elk caliber

Blowing crap in your face in thick woods and it's way louder. That's about it.

Interesting. I've been using brakes on everything for years and I hunt the woods almost exclusively. And yet I have never had anything blown in my face. As for louder, that is foolish. Guns are LOUD! It is next to senseless not using proper protective equipment whether one hunts the woods, fields, or over water.

Interesting. I've been using brakes on everything for years and I hunt the woods almost exclusively. And yet I have never had anything blown in my face. As for louder, that is foolish. Guns are LOUD! It is next to senseless not using proper protective equipment whether one hunts the woods, fields, or over water.

Yeah I agree, but those are the only reasons really. I've had muzzle brakes, in Georgia, blow stuff around up in a stand or thick brush. They are louder obviously in the woods since it has more stuff for the sound to reverberate off of. Just wearing eye and ear protection and you're good.

Well guys after long thought and consideration I went with this rifle.
In .300 Win Mag. It was between 7MM Rem..28 Nosler..and 300 WM
Just about everyone likes the 300WM No one said anything bad.. all good.
The maker was very nice! Just finished a email deal with him. So wish me luck..Now some optics and rings..Hmmm?
http://rcrouserifles.com/product/300-win-mag-coroner/

Cool! What twist rate did you decide to order?

0 Win Mag Coroner
I just bought the rifle he had in stock. When faced with a 6 month plus wait I went with the one I could get my hands on now!

Surgeon 1086 Long Action Magnum Bolt Face With 20MOA Integral Rail and Recoil Lug.
McMillan A5 Adjustable Stock, LOP Spacer System, Clampbar Cheekpiece, Sniper Fill, Aluminum Pillars, Front Bipod Stud, Two Flush Cups Left Side, ACU Spectre Molded In Finish.
Obermeyer 26″ Stainless Steel Straight Taper Match Barrel, 1:10 Twist, .298 Bore.
Surgeon Bottom Metal With 1 Accuracy International 5 Round Magazine.
Jewell Stainless Steel Trigger Set At 1LB.
Thunderbeast CB Series 5/8″x 24TPI Thread Over Suppressor Ready Brake.
Barrel And Action Coated With Duracoat Magpul Flat Dark Earth Finish.
Proofing Target And Spent Casings Included.
1/2 MOA Guarantee.
Selling Price $4000.00

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.