New rifle in Savage 12VLP 223

chuck white

been wanting to get into varminting for a while and thought that a fast twist 22 was the way to go so I finally gathered the money and got myself a new 1-7 twist 223 in savage 12 VLP and topped it with a bushnell ellite tactical 3200 for now untill my new vortex pst comes in it is set up with 80 grain berger and tested out to 350 yard as of now and just waiting to get some more time out s I can get some varminting time in the woods and this should come soon enough...

if you have any load info for a 1-7 twist for long range varminting fell free to post them up got to love those heavy VLD`sgun)

Congratulations on the new Savage. Unfortunately I don't have any load info, but I do own a couple of Savage's and love'em! Let us know how she shoots. As far as load data, check out Reloadersnest.com. You may find some load data there.

Tank

Welcome to Savage World(best of the best).I shoot 600 yards with my Savage.

You can try this one.Gives me quarter size hole at 400 yards

Case length-1.752
Rem 7 1/2 Bench Rest Primer
24 gns RL-15
75 gn Hornady A-Max
COL-- 2.475--Single load only as will not fit in mag. I get about 2750 to 2800 fps.:)

thanks man I will give it a try for sure, I found a place about 20 min from my place where I can go and shoot all the way up to 1200 meter if I decide to stretch it once I find the right load for the gun but so far I simply love it!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.