New Place, Hogs Down

Double Naught Spy

I am sure you have heard the story. Your buddy calls and says he is covered up in hogs. You go and help him hunt and maybe you see a few hogs, maybe you don't see any. Still, the chance to hunt is a good thing.

So my buddy said he had seen over 100 hogs while just driving around, jumping out of the woods as he approached with the landowner in their vehicle. It sounded promising.

This first set was a stand on the edge of a field. Driving in, I saw much of the land was rooted, but the field looked in fine shape and after a couple of hours, we saw nothing but cows. Then things got interesting...

[ame]https://youtu.be/NFMTsjPlmw4[/ame]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFMTsjPlmw4&feature=youtu.be

i would have thrown up in my mouth seeing so many hogs. curious why you didn't keep shooting? like that cross hair too. looks like y'all will have lots of good hunting there for quite a while.

Nice video! Thanks for sharing!

The wife is in FL for 4 weeks, so I'll have time to get my new Armasight thermal up and going. I'll need to get a recorder so I can start making my own videos.

that other scope is nice too. y'all don't seen to have as much static as i do when i shoot.

i was thinking y'all would just start walking towards the hogs at the end and when they ran out from in front of the cows start blasting!

scram,
i've been wondering y u have to wait for the wifey to leave before you can bring out the goodies.

that other scope is nice too. y'all don't seen to have as much static as i do when i shoot.

i was thinking y'all would just start walking towards the hogs at the end and when they ran out from in front of the cows start blasting!

scram,
i've been wondering y u have to wait for the wifey to leave before you can bring out the goodies.

Two reasons (1) we have a 10 month old girl, and there is no such thing as free time and (2) I kinda sorta forgot to tell her that I bought an expensive toy for killing pigs that are not even on the land we own.

just being able to hide the purchase speaks volumes about ur finincial prowess. i had to take out a 2nd mortgage and lady j had to cosign. fortunately if u give a woman good sex shell do a lot of things against her better judgement.

i thought of that, among other clever responses, but was afraid i would just dig myself into a deeper hole. but i'm glad you said it!!

Here is the last hunt. We had an unproductive stand hunt for the first few hours, then drove around the property. Near the cemetery, hogs had been spotted numerous times. So we stalked up on the area where they are often seen and spotted them again. I forgot to get my recorder running for the shooting portion. Errr.

Several hours later, we came across hogs wayyy out in a field. This was likely the last possible stalk for the night, so we decided to give it a try despite the distance and the fact that the wind was blowing our scent right at the hogs. We got to within about 300 yards and they ran. Errrr. However, they moved somewhat laterally and we were able to approach a little closer and eventually ended up with two long distance head shots.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZmMa0_HXc_o[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.