New! Pierce Engineering “Shadow” Action

Anyone running one of these to speak of its strong points or complaints? Tempted to try one out as I was not a fan of the defiance anti I fondled. I really like my bat bumblebee, however inlets for it are a challenge, being a flat bottom action.
I'm running one. But I'm biased lol 🤷‍♂️
These feel very slick and smooth like our other actions. Leaving the bottom of the bolt unfluted eliminates the flutes dragging on the receiver itself and on your brass.

I'm running one. But I'm biased lol 🤷‍♂️
These feel very slick and smooth like our other actions. Leaving the bottom of the bolt unfluted eliminates the flutes dragging on the receiver itself and on your brass.
Can you share some specs? Firing pin fall? Firing pin spring weight? I'm building a rig for NRL hunter light class. Considering a new zermatt ti, fuzion ti, this action or an antiX, maybe the nanook. I do like the control round feed/blade ejector of the zermatt, I just am not a fan of titanium! Are these compatible with aics mags? Will be running arc aics mags that handle a 2.97 internal length from m5 hunter bottom metal.

Can you share some specs? Firing pin fall? Firing pin spring weight? I'm building a rig for NRL hunter light class. Considering a new zermatt ti, fuzion ti, this action or an antiX, maybe the nanook. I do like the control round feed/blade ejector of the zermatt, I just am not a fan of titanium! Are these compatible with aics mags? Will be running arc aics mags that handle a 2.97 internal length from m5 hunter bottom metal.
Pin fall is around 0.245-0.250 with TriggerTech triggers. With Jewel they're around 0.255-0.260 pin fall. We run 24lb springs in the shorts and 28lb springs in the longs. Pin protrusion is .059-.062 with a .068 diameter firing pin. They're cut for Wyatt's extended mag boxes, but we can do an AW cut as well. One of the guys at the shop, and a close friend of mine both run Pierce actions in PRS with AICS mags and they do awesome. Zero problems for the whole season so far. These fit Remington inlet stocks and chassis and will only need a minor amount of material removed on some stocks by the port to look correct. You can also use Kelbly Atlas inlet stocks and our loading port is close in length to their's so you won't have to notch the stock any. They're available polished, bead blasted, and cerakoted at list price. For $50 we can have the bolt and action nitride finished. We use the same place as other big name action manufacturers for our nitride, H&M.

Also, if you're considering Titanium, consider looking at our Skele-Ti with integral lug. The short action model is 15.8oz complete. That's cutting weight and will let you put it back in on the stock, barrel, scope etc. If you're not interested, that's fine too. The Shadow is an awesome action.

Does this have the same issue I've seen on some defiance actions, where the bolt handle just about touches or does touch a low mounted scope?

I have one of the shadows and all the parts to put a rifle together. Just Havnt sent it off to anyone to be built yet. It's a super nice action.
Happy to hear you like it! We build rifles too if you're interested in having us finish the build. Thank you!

No we don't plan to. Our current options and models are keeping us very busy as is haha.

How are you liking your Pierce action Mike? Thank you
I hope to know by the end of the week. We had a little barrel issue that hopefully will be resolved by the end of the week.

My gunsmith doesn't typically like working with Ti actions but he has had nothing but praises for mine.

I hope to know by the end of the week. We had a little barrel issue that hopefully will be resolved by the end of the week.

My gunsmith doesn't typically like working with Ti actions but he has had nothing but praises for mine.

Sounds good. Hopefully you guys get everything resolved and you like the action. Thank you!