New Mexico Bull

Hespco

A hunting buddy of mine took this New Mexico bull a couple days ago. Cartridge, 26 Nosler. Bullet Hornady 120gr GMX. Range 722 yds. Complete penetration of both front shoulders. One shot.
elk 006.JPG

Last edited:
That's Awesome. Wish I was there now. I've never hunted New Mexico but I've been there. Rode from Los Alamos to Farmington and on to Durango. I would love to be able to retire somewhere out there. I can't figure out why I didn't move there when I was a young man.

Just curious how are you guys handling the New Mexico quarantine order if you are out of state non-residents?

confirmed it doesn't apply to hunters who come into the state for sole purpose to hunt
Thanks for the update lilharcher. I was supposed to be elk hunting in New Mexico right now but had to postpone until next year to deal with some business issues caused by the pandemic. I'm in withdrawal right now as this is the first time in 15 years I haven't made it out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.