New Member Intro from Montana

Thanks everybody!
A little past the original date of your post but I too have a commercial boat in BB AK and fished crab up there from 88 to 2004. Last week my wife was offered the opportunity to open an office for her company in Helena, we're flying there in a few weeks to look at homes. Anyways, LRH is a great place to hang, folks on this site aren't into ****in matches or rudeness, and the knowledge base is amazing.

A little past the original date of your post but I too have a commercial boat in BB AK and fished crab up there from 88 to 2004. Last week my wife was offered the opportunity to open an office for her company in Helena, we're flying there in a few weeks to look at homes. Anyways, LRH is a great place to hang, folks on this site aren't into ****in matches or rudeness, and the knowledge base is amazing.
I moved to anacortes in '90 so as to live in a house and salmon/crab puget sound. Where in WA are you? Helena is a fantastic area. But restaurants more or less suck and you will have severe withdrawal from seafood. It does get a smite cold here from time to time but so does Dutch eh?

I moved to anacortes in '90 so as to live in a house and salmon/crab puget sound. Where in WA are you? Helena is a fantastic area. But restaurants more or less suck and you will have severe withdrawal from seafood. It does get a smite cold here from time to time but so does Dutch eh?
I live in east Grays Harbor about 30 minutes south of Oly. Im guessing this last week has been more than a smite cold. I crabbed some here off the coast but mainly Bering Sea, bought a bay boat in 2004 and have been fishing it since. At least I don't run out of sockeye, it'll be the razor clams I'll miss most. Hoping there's some good places to shoot around Helena as that's my main pastime.

I live in east Grays Harbor about 30 minutes south of Oly. Im guessing this last week has been more than a smite cold. I crabbed some here off the coast but mainly Bering Sea, bought a bay boat in 2004 and have been fishing it since. At least I don't run out of sockeye, it'll be the razor clams I'll miss most. Hoping there's some good places to shoot around Helena as that's my main pastime.
There's a fantastic members only range that's super affordable up towards McDonalds Pass just west of town. There's a brand new indoor range in Helena. And we're surrounded by national forests which anyone can shoot there. I live in what they call NW Valley out of town. Everybody is on 20 acres. BLM to south. Two ranches to the north. I have a 400 yd range starting off our hot tub deck. I shoot a bit myself. Ocean Beauty has a commercial account office here in town (was in there yesterday) mainly for the restaurants but they will sell to bloaks like me. Checking their list I see "razor clam meat 51 oz can 107$/cs and wild razor clam meat IQF $19.95/lb. but there might be a minimum doesn't say. I remember Ocean Beauty had/has a plant in Kodiak.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.