New member from Northern New York

etessmer

Hello everyone,

I am a new member from a little town in northern New York called Gouverneur.

I enjoy the typical outdoor sports; hunting, fishing etc. My background includes a few years of shooting benchrest competitions, group and score. What you fellas refer to as "point blank" shooting (100, 200, 300 yrds).

I am in the process of building a new gun in 338 Lapua Mag; Bat model M, Mcmillan A-5, Hart barrel, jewel trigger, nightforce NXS. While researching I came across your web page and it is most impressive. I look forward to learning to affectively "extend my reach".

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards,
Eric

Hey ICANHITHIMMAN,

I'm glad someone knows where this town is....

A friend of mine used to have a vineyard one lake west of you in Pultney. Now he has a gas well. Great hunting down there!

I've shot a lot of IBS matches at Painted Post and South Creek ranges which are not too far from you either.

That is of course, if you live near the Vineyard link on your post.

I live an hour from there that where my father in law lives at. Painted post is down by Corning dont know where South Creek is. I'm always looking for ranges that will go to 1k plus if you know any shooting spots come and go here in the western part of the state nothing firm right now at all.

Jon

South Creek is just southwest of Elmira across the border into Pennsylvania. Both ranges are "point blank". Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any ranges in western New York. I have a few friends that way and will keep my ears peeled for any 1k ranges out there.

I am a little spoiled up here. My back yard is my own personal range that goes to 300 yards (possible expansion in the near future). A friend has another private range out to 1500 yrd which isn't 5 miles from the house. Not to mention that gunsmith and friend (HC Precision) is only about 7 miles away with a 500 yard ragne. I hope that comment doesn't violate any forum rules, if so my apologies...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.