New Long Range 80% .308

Discussion in 'AR15/10 Rifles' started by Full Auto, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Full Auto

Full Auto Well-Known Member

dpms.jpg
    Just completed DPMS style LAR308 with 1" x 24.5" barrel, free float, with front plug to include the sling swivel, ergonomic grip, A1 stock, tuned spring and buffer, gas system has been tuned by drilling/redrilling the gas port. Mounts will be Burris tactical with a Bausch and Lomb 3000 scope. Upper is "slick side". Regulated with 147gr NATO rounds. So far very nice shooting and carrying.

2. Srlkllr01

Srlkllr01 Active Member

Sweet ride FA ,I'm in the process of building one similar to yours. Or i should say saving up to get all my piece's because I won't want to stop once I get started.I'll use a 20 inch SS bull barrel with helical fluting to be fancy. What 80% lower did you end up using,there are so many suppliers out there. And if you don't mind me asking what was your sticker price all said and done. I figured I better get on the band wagon because of the communist state of N.Y is probably gonna take away our birthday's soon here

3. Full Auto

Full Auto Well-Known Member

Sorry about the delay. My 308 was built with a 26" barrel blank bought in MI many years ago, turned to 1"x24.5". The free float had this gaping hole in the end so we machined a steel filler plug to fill the, and look good too. With no front sling swivel we machined a swivel retainer from a Uncle Mikes to fit the free float, the upper is a Del-ton, Weaver 6 screw rings, extra high, with the Bausch and Lomb scope. Lower was machined from a Ares Armour 80% blank. We have done business with them before and am pleased with their products. Did not use a jig as all measurements were taken from a blueprint and set with DRO, some extra machining was done to facilitate ease of operation. All internal lower parts are DPMS. I threw in the grip just cause it looked cool, and held good. Weight is 15.5lbs. Total cost parts with machine time is $1800.00, Ceracoat added another $280.00. This rifle will never leave the "stable". Thank you for asking, I appreciate it, ElDee. gun)