New LabRadar LX

Only time will tell. You have the Shotscope, Caldwell Velociradar, FX, and a number of others as well. By my count I am aware of 8 different consumer radars already out or soon to be out. The technology shift this is so much fun!

Exactly my point. All those other units have almost no market share. And folks are dumping their original Labradar units like hot potatoes to buy the new Xero. What new feature(s) is Labradar bringing to the table? This is an especially pertinent question since the aiming tube on the LX suggest it is going to be finicky about setup, unlike the Xero. Unless the Labradar LX is going to compete on price alone? (which would be perfectly fine with me).

Regardless, I hope the Labradar LX is a big hit. Having more options is always a good thing.

Last edited:
Exactly my point. All those other units have almost no market share. And folks are dumping their original Labradar units like hot potatoes to buy the new Xero. What new feature(s) is Labradar bringing to the table? Unless Labradar is going to compete on price alone?
I know they have been hitting hard on the ruggedness of the unit and the 6 hour battery life. I am in the same boat here trying to piece together what we do and don't know and figure out a checklist of differences. But they are heavily touting its solid metal construction with a recessed screen for durability and the 6+ hour battery life. Until they really start to propagate and we learn more I don't have a lot of answers.

I have seen a Garmin X, LabR V1, and LabR LR all used side by side and all reading within 3fps of each other. So accuracy on both the new Garmin and LabR LR seems to be pretty good. I have not been able to test any of the other new models or see them in action to confirm how they hold up.

Looks like the new Labradar LX will be retailing for $600, meaning Labradar is not going to be competing on price. Price is mentioned at 1:56 mark.

I am starting to think this is simply a case where the little guy (Labradar) was out-competed by the big guy (Garmin).

Last edited:
"3) The original will remain in production alongside the LX so both will still be available"

If their sales of the original LR don't go in the tank I'll be very surprised.

"3) The original will remain in production alongside the LX so both will still be available"

If their sales of the original LR don't go in the tank I'll be very surprised.

It is my understanding they still sell them fairly regularly even this week to 22LR guys and people who want that 100 yard data. I just got off the phone with them a couple hours ago and things are still going well. I really hope for nothing but success from ALL the RADAR Chronographs because this is a market shift we needed years ago.

Had they release this 6-12 months ago, it'd been a hit. Unfortunately I bet they lost 66% of marketshare to garmin because they sat on this and sold the dinosaur tech big orange box for way too long trying to maximize profits. Original labradar was a pita to aim and required 3rd party external triggers for consistent shot tracking, ate batteries like candy. Then a guy dealt with constant app/bluetooth interface problems. Labradar concept came out in 2013, first on the market in 2014. Minimal innovation in 10 YEARS, and support team that was inconsistent on getting back to you. Hope they learned a business lesson here.

Had they release this 6-12 months ago, it'd been a hit. Unfortunately I bet they lost 66% of marketshare to garmin because they sat on this and sold the dinosaur tech big orange box for way too long trying to maximize profits. Original labradar was a pita to aim and required 3rd party external triggers for consistent shot tracking, ate batteries like candy. Then a guy dealt with constant app/bluetooth interface problems. Labradar concept came out in 2013, first on the market in 2014. Minimal innovation in 10 YEARS, and support team that was inconsistent on getting back to you. Hope they learned a business lesson here.
Why do you say that sat on this? I have no inside knowledge but it would be extremely odd for a company to sit on a next gen product in a competitive, rapidly developing space.

Why do you say that sat on this? I have no inside knowledge but it would be extremely odd for a company to sit on a next gen product in a competitive, rapidly developing space.
Because they developed the original labradar.......10 years ago. You don't think they could have brought new tech to market sooner? A superior product was released this fall, and in 3 months labradar had a competitor. The Xero was out for beta this summer, and it was made public at the Gap Grind match. So it took them 6 months to force their hand into innovation if they didn't know anything about the Xero prior. 6 months in a 10 year time frame to make a better product, and possibly only because their hand was forced. That's sitting on old tech when they could have lead the curve of innovation. Just how I feel about it.

Not quick enough.
LR had the best player in the game, and sat back and laughed all the way to the bank.
Not sure how long this has been in development, but they should have introduced this before the Garmin. Now, it just looks like they are scrambling trying to get the market share back after a new product came out and started wiping the floor with them. I am sure sales plummeted as I have seen about half the guys I know swap from LR to Garmin since November.

Good thing is, secondhand sales of used LRs sure make it easier for the guys wanting an upgrade from their Chrony to get into a LR cheap!
Even though I can afford, I cannot justify keeping up with the Joneses. I will keep my LabRadar until I am due to upgrade. I am waiting for the version that brews me coffee while at the range. 🤣 😍 😇

BTW, I still have my old Shooting Crony F1, and it still works.