New guy with New build

yakyakgoose

I completely started over on my build based on some feedback in my second post on this site and this is what I ended up with:

Remington 5r milspec 300 win mag barrel, action, trigger
XLR Chassis
Spuhr mount
Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16x50
20 Moa Rail
Atlas Bipod ( Old version)
Folding stock adapter
Custom Cerekote paint job
Accu mags

Its a lot heavier than I originally wanted but I'm determined to still hunt and start tactical long range matches with it.

Any opinions on this setup?

Attachments

• 20150722_192516_001.jpg
    20150722_192516_001.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 139
Nicely done! I've always wanted to build a rifle on an XLR chassis, hopefully I still will one day. You should be able to fold that thing up and put it in a backpack which would be a big plus in my mind. gun)

Very nice! Love the chassis, and the 5R's seem to be shooters with little effort. I have three buddies that have one.
This past week I had a buddy bring his 5R .300 WinMag to the house. Wanted me to level his FFP Vortex 6-24 and build him a load with some heavy Matchkings. He had already put a box of factory ammo through it and cleaned accordingly to break the barrel in. Nice setup, the first load I shot for groups printed under .5" at 100 yards three times in a row. That's all he asked for, so an hour worth of work and he was happy. The only problem I had with it was the trigger was about 5 pounds from the factory, he is gonna buy a Timney and have me replace it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.