New guy here from NC

undert0e

Stumbled upon this while looking into logistics for Colorado elk hunts. I've been shooting precision rifles for about 20 years at this point. I stumbled upon this forum while doing some research for a Colorado elk hunt. I've been an avid hunter for most of my life, but have never done any hunting west of Texas. This seems to be a great community with a wealth of information.

Welcome to the forum! What kind of shooting do you like to do these days?
I try and hit the range with the bolt gun once a month. I have paired my stable down to only 308. I made the decision a few years ago that it suited most of my needs and I had my head wrapped around how the round performed in a variety of different conditions. Also less money on ammo for different guns and more trigger time on the ones I already have. Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.

I still enjoy handgun shooting, but I probably need to go to the optometrist because the front sight isn't as clear as it used to be. I've branched into RDS sites and they are a game changer for pistol marksmanship. But last week I had a blast with my old 1911.

I don't care what it is, I'll shoot it. From .50 cal to .22, it's all good fun (when done safely).