New Guy from NC

MOA Chaser

I've been lurking and stalking around here for some time but decided that it was time to come out. :D

Started playing around with some long range shooting last year and took my first LR shot at a deer this past December with a 257 Wby. DRT at 465 yards. It was amazing and just a little scary at the same time. But I practiced, and practiced at 500 yards until I felt comfortable. If there are any NC shooters/handloaders on here, let me know. Maybe we can burn some powder sometime.

Hello MOA, welcome to LRH. Nice job on your 465 yard harvest. I'm in N.Fl., but I'm sure there are some N. Carolina people on here. Enjoy yourself here, buy the way there are some longrange comps that go on up there in your neck of the woods. Just thought I'd mention that.

Don Dunlap

Chaser, welcome to the forum. I have a .257 WBY also, it is one of my most accurate. I use it for Javelina and coyotes.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying shooting at long(er) ranges but it gets kind of boring by youreslf. Most of my friends are hunters and rarely shoot beyond a 100 yards. They have no interest in shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts