New guy here as well as reloading!

Welcome from Washington you need H4831 SC for your 7 rem mag works well reloaded 22 also works well But as there is being sad that there is a shortage I cannot even find it for my 7M rem mag myself having a hard time Everybody stay happy keep save keep it in the 10 ring

Good morning fellas! New to reloading, and with the shortage of components it makes it tough. Anyhow, looking for any input on the use of N560 in a 270 WSM, 7mm RM as well as 338 LM. There is quite a lot of information to try and soak up when just starting out, just trying to look for some good advice specifically for these calibers. Thanks in advance!
Welcome from oregon

Welcome from South Central PA!! I am a bit Green here myself and to reloading. I will tell you that you will have Censory Overload here lol!! Tons of Great people with Tons of knowledge! If you make a post you will get a boat load of help. When you think you have decided someone else throws something else in to keep you thinking and choosing. It's a great thing to have that. Just fair warning lol!! 😂🤣😂🤣

Good morning fellas! New to reloading, and with the shortage of components it makes it tough. Anyhow, looking for any input on the use of N560 in a 270 WSM, 7mm RM as well as 338 LM. There is quite a lot of information to try and soak up when just starting out, just trying to look for some good advice specifically for these calibers. Thanks in advance!
welcome fro montreal canada

Don't be afraid to spend money on load data books. I currently own the Sierra and Hornady books, they both have good information in the front that'll help fill in where your learning may not have covered. I recommend starting by reading "The ABC's of Reloading" to get the basics.
some tips: Keep a clean organized bench, don't use pistol primers in rifles, don't mix powders. Don't leave powder in the hopper over night. Shiny cases don't shoot better than dull ones.

Things I've learned reloading:
Buy once cry once. buy cheap and be prepared for it to not meet your standards. Hornady Case trimmer replaced with Forester(used off Ebay.) Frankfort Arsenal digital caliper replaced with Starrett dial caliper. Hornady digital (battery powered) scale replaced with Dillon Beam Scale. (Fluorescent lights mess with the accuracy of digital scales.) and finally FILL THE POWDER HOPPER AS FULL AS YOU CAN. took me 3 years to learn this. I could never get the charges to drop consistently. I was only putting enough in the hopper to fill the bottom.

Here is my VV N-560 data for th 270 WSM 26in barrel firing HBN coated 140 Ballistic Tips. VV shows 3012fps from the highest charge below.

VV N-560​
59.0 gr​
2832​
CCI 250​
VV N-560​
59.5 gr​
2872​
CCI 250​
VV N-560​
60.6 gr​
3002​
CCI 250​

Attachments

• 270-WSM-140gr Berger book.pdf
    346.8 KB · Views: 156
Don't be afraid to spend money on load data books. I currently own the Sierra and Hornady books, they both have good information in the front that'll help fill in where your learning may not have covered. I recommend starting by reading "The ABC's of Reloading" to get the basics.
some tips: Keep a clean organized bench, don't use pistol primers in rifles, don't mix powders. Don't leave powder in the hopper over night. Shiny cases don't shoot better than dull ones.

Things I've learned reloading:
Buy once cry once. buy cheap and be prepared for it to not meet your standards. Hornady Case trimmer replaced with Forester(used off Ebay.) Frankfort Arsenal digital caliper replaced with Starrett dial caliper. Hornady digital (battery powered) scale replaced with Dillon Beam Scale. (Fluorescent lights mess with the accuracy of digital scales.) and finally FILL THE POWDER HOPPER AS FULL AS YOU CAN. took me 3 years to learn this. I could never get the charges to drop consistently. I was only putting enough in the hopper to fill the bottom.
I've had no issues with the hornady stuff but maybe I got lucky. I'd add to this good advice here to start slow. I started with a single stage press and have yet to change. It's fun. The biggest rule of all for me: if you're doing this in a hurry you're doing it wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.