New Guy - Georgia

Not originally from GA, this is where my path brought my after 24 years in the Army. I've been on here reading and trying to learn. I've never really been a long distance guy, but I would like to get into shooting more. I have a buddy who bought a CA 6.5 PRC and wants me to get one as well. I've been looking at the CA, Fierce and Proof Research rifles. Hoping to learn more and maybe getting into shooting soon. Thanks!
Look at McWhorter Rifles in Doerun Ga they make a really great rifle.

Thank you for your service and welcome from northwestern Georgia. Lots of incredibly smart and friendly people here. Search is great and everyone is amazingly helpful.

Not originally from GA, this is where my path brought my after 24 years in the Army. I've been on here reading and trying to learn. I've never really been a long distance guy, but I would like to get into shooting more. I have a buddy who bought a CA 6.5 PRC and wants me to get one as well. I've been looking at the CA, Fierce and Proof Research rifles. Hoping to learn more and maybe getting into shooting soon. Thanks!
Welcome from GA. I also came from another state via the military. Retired here and made it my home for 22 years now. Love it. There is a lot of knowledge to be had here. Lots of folks have seen or done most all that can/could be done in shooting. Stay safe and have fun.

Welcome from NEGA. Been here all my life and would not want to live anywhere else. Thanks for your service...

dont get a 16" 300 black and go kill some pigs. Just say a program yesterday that says their destroying everything. If you want to go long distance get a 308 then you can atleast find rounds for it

20 year Marine retired to Pa enjoy your retirement

Well I'll tell you, tune in to "Gunwerks" on you tube. For sure the older ones. Their original shows literally walk you through long distance shooting. Not so much reloading info, but all aspects of the science of distance shooting.

Welcome from N/W Wyoming. Enjoy ! A ton of knowledge here. Thanks for your service. Semper Fi .

Welcome to LRH from north central Montana, thank the misses and you for you're dedication to our military, lots of knowledge and great people hear that just wanna see you two on target. Have a great time here.

Wow, I opened up the forum and was floored at all the comments..amazing. I've been on a few forums over the years and never have I had this many welcomes and from all over the place. I guess I should mention that I was originally from Wa State and now live in Fayetteville/Peachtree City area (for the GA folk). Thank you to all my fellow brothers for your service as well, no matter if you retired or did a few years, it all means something. I will look into all the different rifle manufactures you guys mentioned, reloading and searching for knowledge from the experienced guys. As one member said, I can't PM anyone until I have 10 post, once I have that, I may take you up on some advice. Again, thank you all for the warm welcome and advice to help me getting started.