New Bushnell 1600 ARC Review

i'm really interested in buying a pair of these.
but can you use it in bow mode at long range, in order to get true horizontal distance instead of bullet drop? say at 500-700 yard?

i'm really interested in buying a pair of these.
but can you use it in bow mode at long range, in order to get true horizontal distance instead of bullet drop? say at 500-700 yard?

The have a true line of sight mode and a ARC mode for rifles also. Is that what you are asking for?

Mike @ CST

I currently own the Fusion 10X42 binocs and love them. I also have a Leupold 1000 TBR for work, and acess to a Newcon 2000. I had a Leica 1200 before the Fusion and sold it as I like the Fusion better. The newcon is bulky, noisy, and not the greatest glass, it does work fairly well, but I can't get it to range any better than my Fusions. I use a Badlands Binoc case and find it is a great system with the Fusions. For the money they cant be beat. I use them at work, and personally hunting and shooting long range. The only knock, as stated before, is the reticle is dim in really bright light, but it is still useable. All the other reviews are spot on based on my experience with each of these units.

...... The only knock, as stated before, is the reticle is dim in really bright light, but it is still useable. All the other reviews are spot on based on my experience with each of these units.

Just in case you don't know, you can adjust the brightness level of the reticle. As they come preset from the factory, mine was also dim in bright sunlight. But with the brightness turned up, no problems at all. Definitely nice binos, and it sure is nice to be able to range while looking. I'm still torn between using these for convenience or using my older Swaro 7x42 SLC for the better and more relaxed view for my eyes.

I have used the a few of the other Bushnell LRFs and the only ones I will stand behind are the Fusions at this time. With that said I have not tested out the NEW 1600 Elite's yet.

Mike @ CST

Got my new Bushnell 1600 Fusion today. Look cool. Had problems out of the box. Will not range under 35 yards and the LED fades out. I called Bushnell and was told that the 1600's had failed and to send them and $10.00 plus shipping (to and from). In 4 weeks I will get them or a new pair back. New out of the box! I will send them back to the outlet for a refund. Don't waste your funds.

That is really bad news. Why do they use the buyer as the quality control checker. Not as if there is a shortage of people looking for work..

I confess that I just got on this thread. So I'm not trying to resurrect the thread. I'm a little confused by the "ARC" feature. Does this mean that you don't need Co-Sine angle indicator ? This would save the cost of same, and simplify the calculation even more. I assume that you could simply refer to your drop chart and not having to carry a PDA.

I confess that I just got on this thread. So I'm not trying to resurrect the thread. I'm a little confused by the "ARC" feature. Does this mean that you don't need Co-Sine angle indicator ? This would save the cost of same, and simplify the calculation even more. I assume that you could simply refer to your drop chart and not having to carry a PDA.

The ARC will do the cosine for you so in theory you do not need one on your rifle. I still use the cosine on my rifle.

Mike @ CST

i recently purchased the arc 1600 but in the reviews it talked about the display being somewhat hard to see but let me say even on the brightest setting and new battery these are impossible to read in the daylight and though you can range and then look into something dark to read yds you cant see the aiming bulls eye to know if you are ranging the deer or the foreground or whatever. i have a bushnell range finder with a black display and the reading is clear up till dark.i don't understand how this problem slipped by bushnell in the testing phase of production. i really like these except for that fact so if anyone knows a trick i am missing please let me know.
thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts