New bullet for my Sharps

Clem Bronkoski

Got my new mold today. A Lee Precision 90577 that cast a .459" 500 grain Spire point with a BC of .443. I cast a couple hundred of them just now with my BHN 19 alloy. Doesn't sound like much but when you consider you only get about 14 bullets per pound of alloy that's a lot of melting! They are going to be used in my Pedersoli 1874 Sharps replica. First test will be in the spring when I get back from Florida and I'll shoot two 5 shot groups each with powder coated and traditionally lubed bullets to see which are more accurate.

Attachments

• Sharps 500 gr.jpg
    Sharps 500 gr.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 59
Got my new mold today. A Lee Precision 90577 that cast a .459" 500 grain Spire point with a BC of .443. I cast a couple hundred of them just now with my BHN 19 alloy. Doesn't sound like much but when you consider you only get about 14 bullets per pound of alloy that's a lot of melting! They are going to be used in my Pedersoli 1874 Sharps replica. First test will be in the spring when I get back from Florida and I'll shoot two 5 shot groups each with powder coated and traditionally lubed bullets to see which are more accurate.
Interestingly I have two Sharps 45/70 and the 45/100
I use the 535gr Postell for the 45/90 Winchester 1886 at this time.
I cast those too!
Best of luck
Pat