New bullet Design

feelinducky

When did Barnes change their 130g TSX design in .277? The new bullet design is shorter with a change in ogive. I'll have to post the exact measurements vs the old ones.

They changed the design last year. What a wonderful surprise to open the box and see a note saying it had changed (why not put a notice on the outside of the box???). I don't understand why they would change it... maybe they didn't like the fact the TSX had a higher BC than the TTSX? basically had to start over w/ load development. Once I burn them up, I'll be switching to the 130 gr. TTSX which now has a higher BC for that bullet weight.

I would recommend backing off your charge weight a bit to start. I'm running a grain or so less of H4350 and getting higher velocity and bolt lift is a little sticky.

Hell, I didn't even get a note! I feel so dirty and cheap:)

But my kid was clover leafing them at 200yds this weekend. Any idea of the BC? I've been using .431. I don't have time to shoot past 200 yds before we leave for Wyoming tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've been seeing them open the noses more on their pills to get them to actually upset all the time. My 300 tsx in 375 are less than .400 bc, when the old style were about .550. They seem to open in 375, but I've mostly shot frozen railroad ties, etc. with them.
When you get the same part # you expect the same performance though, so I get your frustration.
My 130 mrx in 270 are about .380 bc, which is running even with the tsx bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.