New Build getting a load narrowed down.

JackinSD

I finally got all the parts and pieces for my recent build.
Savage 110E flat back action (I have the same action on another rifle in 30-06)
Choate Tactical Stock (added a tall cheek piece)
SSS Competition Trigger set to 1.5lbs. (Excellent trigger by the way)
Stainless Steel Barrel Nut from NSS (A must with an older 110 action and a new barrel)
Criterion 28" SS Varmint contour .243 Match Barrel 1 in 8 twist, from NSS (Jim is great by the way)
HD Stainless Steel Recoil Lug again from NSS (did I mention Jim is great?)
EGW 20 MOA Picatinny Rail
Weaver 6 hole Tactical Rings (Low)
Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40 1/8" MOA/MIL scope
Vortex Bubble Level
Calwell 6-9" swivel bipod with pod lock
LRH Rear Shooting bag
Main purpose of the rifle is to punch paper to 800 yards (max at our range).
Went out this morning to do a little load development shooting.
I had settled on two different loads, based off of previous load development, 39.2gr and 39.8gr of H4350 behind a 105gr AMAX set .015 off the lands.
My previous shooting had all been done at 100 yards. Today, I doubled the distance (200).

5 shot groups.
39.8 averaged .987
39.2 averaged .701

A better shooter might have done better. I managed to have one flyer in each group. I couldn't tell you if it was a particular shot in the group or not. Forgot the dang spotting scope. Obviously, not huge flyers. Four shots in each group were touching. One managed to be a bit high, straight above the others. My hand position may need a little work. Either higher or lower? Not sure which would cause it. I would welcome any helpful advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.