after you get your new build done and loads developed

What to do next depends on where you get your satisfaction from. If you are a builder, build another rifle. I have a buddy that has built several custom hot rods. After the test drive, it's sold, and he is on to another. If you are more of a shooter, and or hunter, I agree with previous posts. Perfecting first shot precision at long range may be a whole new dimension compared to achieving tight groups at the shorter ranges. IMHO.

For the 22-250 rebarrel I am considering a fast twist .22 cal, and using the 22-250 again, or going with a .243. I've had a few .24 cal rifles, and it is one of my favorites for varmints. The Berger hunting VLD's are shooting and performing so well in a couple of other rifles, that this is weighing heavily on my decision for another 24 cal and the available Berger HVLD's

my 22-250 is 1-14 twist which limits me to the light side of bullets and effective range on yotes. but makes shooting in the wind alot funner. when holding off 20" or so and you know when you send it and the poor crow goes puff'
When I rebarrel the 243 I am looking at a faster twist then my 1-10 tha I have now.

I hear you on the wind. I find that much beyond 400 yards and the 52 gr. JLK low drag's I am shooting get blown around pretty easy. The longest shot I have made with these bullets was a 683 yard prairie dog out in Utah last winter.
The Berger hunting VLD's have been so accurate and effective for me in 270 and 7mm that I will almost certainly rebarrel the old Cooper in a fast twist 243 just so I can use their bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.