New brass, is this normal?

I bet you have not used any but what is your idea?

Oh, but I have.... I started a thread elsewhere about the PPU .338 load. Not brass but factory loaded cartridges in .338 Lapua.

My idea is along the lines of the current optics discussion.

PPU is manufactured in Serbia, Croatia. Its imported and distributed by RZK Distributing.

I'm playing 'land of a thousand dances' with RZK and their retail outlet, Cabelas, where I bought 3- 20 round boxes of the JUNK, excuse me, 'quality loaded ammunition at reasonable prices'......

I'll play cat and mouse so long and then my attorney will get involved. In the end, will probably cost me way more than the 3 boxes of rounds but I'm a principled person.

I should not have bought it in the first place but half price is, after all, half price and I was planning on reloading the fired casings anyway..... If they'd ignite in the first place.....:rolleyes:

The new brass loads were significantly more accurate than the old brass loads. The verticle was out to the 8 ring a bunch on the last string, and not at all on the first two.
.22-250 is probably the most popular mid-sized cartridge in existence.

I have found you have neck size new brass no matter who makes it. Finding cracks in new brass happens, that is why you have to inspect each piece carefully. Don't trust em until you have looked at them good at every stage of reloading. You can't be too careful.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.