New Brass Company in town...

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the whole idea by fireforming the 220 Russian brass, was to get brass that fits your chamber perfectly. Im quite sure Lapua could make 6ppc brass if the market wanted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, any and all brass of every caliber fireforms to fit the chamber walls regardless of whether it is an "improved" cartridge or not. In the case of 6ppc's used in BR, often cases will not be used in big matches until it has been fireformed two or three times.

And Lapua could make straight 6ppc brass but they could also make ultra mags and they don't!

Oh, and forget about that odd-ball large caliber safari stuff. Even if it were made, the people buying it would not buy enough of it to make it worth doing right off the start. 20 pieces of 500 nitro will last a guy a long time but people shooting BR or any other match for that matter go through brass like water on a July afternoon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
go through brass like water on a July afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand? do people still drink water in july? I though july was national beer month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We would love to make brass in every caliber, but there is just not enough demand to warrant producing it.

I really appreciate all the responses and look forward to getting you guys some great brass.

I mainly use non-custom rounds, I'd like to get a sample of your 300WM, 338 Lapua and 308 brass. What government agencies do you currently supply? I currently use Lapua brass in my magnum calibers, Federal GMM and LC Match in standards. I will send you a line with my shipping info and amounts of brass I will order should the brass meet my needs. Like most precision shooters I'm looking for uniformity, longevity and cost effectiveness. Thanks

I did not read all of your posts, but I believe that you might sell quite a bit of 7x57 marked 275 Rigby. capt david

[ QUOTE ]

Before you say, I'm crazy I'm going to tell you an interesting fact. The Lapua brass you buy is actually their lesser grade. Their mil spec brass is not sold to the public. Our brass is top grade.

We are not currently selling to the public so I don't want to quote prices. We won't be winchester prices, but I'm not going to be Lapua prices either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jon -- please share with us all where you heard this "fact"

That is a pretty strong statement to make.

thanks,
JB

JB1000BR, I think Lapua brass is great. That is why we want to sell this quality of brass as opposed to the cheap stuff.

With that said....

338 Lapua brass that you buy, is not a heavy walled as the mil spec brass that Nammo sells. That brass is not available to the consumer.

I know this because I deal with ammunition companies. Check it out for yourself.

So then your comment was limited to only the 338 Lap??

I wouldnt want the heavier stuff anyway...less powda' capacity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Would rather have the extra boiler room...

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.