New binoculars?

RangerBrad

I'm looking at getting a new set of binos. I'm looking at either the Burris landmark II 10 x 42 or the minox BF 10 x 42 BR I also understand that Nikon has some binos in that same price range. What say yal? Thank's, Brad

I would consider Vortex. We sell optics at the sporting goods store I work at. I think that you get the best bang for the buck with Vortex. I have a Vortex Viper 12X42 and love them. I have 3 of their scopes and a spotting scope from Vortex. Nice bright glass with an unconditional guarantee and good price.

Out of the two questioned I would go Minox. Cabelas has a unconditional 90 trial on their optics I believe which is a huge plus for the real world. I have a older pair of leupold cascades that were amazing for the money, since replaced with Minox HG's. If the new cascades are anything like my old one's for $300 I would pull the trigger all over again. I once bought 4 different rifle scopes from cabelas to compare side by side in real life conditions over a couple of days and then returned the 3 I did not like. If you have the ability to do something like that I would strongly suggest it. More and more glass companies are putting out quality glass at lower prices and some are truly diamonds in the rough for the price.

IMO,

Jon

The vortex crossfire and possibly the nikon monarch seem to be the ones in my desired price range. As far as vortex goes, what does the viper, diamondback etc have over the crossfire? Thank's, Brad

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts