New Berger Factory Loaded 6.5 Creedmoor 140G Elite Hunter Hunting Ammo

Robert23430

I just saw that Berger is now offering a new factory loaded hunting cartridge.

Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
Berger Part Number: 31040
Bullet: Elite Hunter
Bullet Weight: 140 grain
G1 BC: 0.606
G7 BC: 0.31
Maximun COAL: 2.825"
Muzzle Velocity: 2842 FPS (with 26" barrel)
Muzzle Energy: 2511 ft/lb

I don't reload (yet?). I realize the 6.5mm 140 grain Elite Hunter bullet has been around for a while, so I am asking how it has worked for you guys hunting for whitetail in hand loaded ammo at medium ranges?

I have deer hunted with Berger's 6.5 Creedmoor 135 grain Classic Hunter Ammunition ammunition. It was very accurate and gave DRT results. With a little more bullet weight, higher BC and with about the same velocity I think the 140 grain Elite Hunters might work great.

What have you reloaders experienced with the 6.5mm 140 grain Berger Elite Hunter?

It doesn't appear that any retailers have the Berger 31040 available on there website yet. The link to the ammo on Berger's website is:

https://bergerbullets.com/product/6-5-mm-creedmoor-140gr-elite-hunter-rifle-ammunition/

Thanks

If you are looking for 140 elite hunter loaded ammo, we have it in stock as well for the Creedmoor and PRC. We have large primer Alpha, Large or small Peterson and large Lapua brass available.
We can have it on a truck by Friday if orders are received in a timely manor by Thursday.
Site sponsor as well.
www.northamericanammunition.com
616 299 1349
Paul

We still have that offering available on either Alpha large primer, Peterson large or small and Lapua small. In stock, still.