Mailing Loaded Ammo

Stob

I want to load a couple 20 round boxes of 308 for my nephew and send them to him. Is there an issue sending them with the Post Office? Or do I need to send via UPS or Fedex? Or?

I want to load a couple 20 round boxes of 308 for my nephew and send them to him. Is there an issue sending them with the Post Office? Or do I need to send via UPS or Fedex? Or?
Must go through a hub or what they call a customer care center
59216349838__08C2FE0F-A674-4C14-ACF7-5678BDA412B8.jpeg

I have a Fedex depot closer than a UPS. So I tell them it is live ammo, and they take care of it?

Print a consumer commodity like posted and tape it to the box and use their website to print and pay for your label. The idiots at the counter are just that idiots.

Walk in and drop it off, hand it to the idiot, get a receipt and you are done.

You can also use UPS and hand it directly to any driver you see if you chose.

IMG_2043.png

Print a consumer commodity like posted and tape it to the box and use their website to print and pay for your label. The idiots at the counter are just that idiots.

View attachment 511673
While this post is hilarious, it's NOT wrong. If you are comfortable with doing it all online it's way easier this way.

Print up the shipping label and the "sign" and tape them to the box.

Go to a fedex or ups hub and hand them the box. they'll scan it and hand you a receipt.
I would guess more than half don't even know what that sticker means. And even the ones that do won't blink, because it's used for all kinds of things, so no one really pays attention to it anymore.

Examples of items c
Aerosol cans
Charcoal
Nail polish remover
Lighters
Perfumes
Small arms ammunition
Soldering flux
Some photographic chemicals

View attachment 511673
So funny. This is correct. Not all are idiots but some are. I stood and argued with a person at the counter about shipping a firearm. They refused to honor their own posted policy regarding shipment of firearms and were running the post office like it was their own personal store. Shameful. I couldn't ship a firearm because the idiot running the counter didn't think I should be able to. At this day in age it's best to take advice like the above! It's sad but true.

I used to carry a copy of their regulations, finally I just started printing my own label, putting a copy of information, a copy of the receiving FFL's license and the contact of who it was actually going to inside the box and print 2 extra copies of the FFL'S license, I ask that they please stamp both copies, I keep one and I get the label scanned and hand them one of the stamped copies. The dead blank stare or the what am I supposed to do with this, I said you can eat it as far as I am concerned, but I brought it for your records and proof you received it. I also take several pictures on the inside counter while I wait for further proof of condition.

Now I have a guy who knows me, doesn't care, stamps both copies, gives me my receipt and we are done. Most times he'll waive me forward because he knows I am ready and it will be quick.

I have to visit a specific location in order to do it otherwise it turns into a fight. Which it shouldn't, but exercising some aversion is important in these situations. Best to go where you know it's easy. I can tell it makes some people uncomfortable and that's fine but some people just want to refuse you service because they are ignorant. I let them be and go where the transactions are smooth.