New 700 Long Range Trigger Adjustment

9ptbuk

Received my new 700 Long Range today and was under the impression that a tool to adjust the trigger came with the gun , All that was in mine was a instruction manual . Is this normal ?
Thanks !

The best tool you can use is called a Timney 510... :D:D:D

Trust me, I'm the biggest Rem 700 fan on here, and those factory XMP triggers are garbage. I've got 2 brand new ones sitting in a spare parts bin on my bench right now... If you have an extra $120, I'd suggest going ahead and ordering the Timeny and not even fooling with the XMP. You will be much happier in the end.

Also, if you've never messed with a trigger, I recommend getting a gunsmith or someone knowledgeable to do so. That is not a part you want to have out of adjustment...For safety reasons.

The best tool you can use is called a Timney 510... :D:D:D

Trust me, I'm the biggest Rem 700 fan on here, and those factory XMP triggers are garbage. I've got 2 brand new ones sitting in a spare parts bin on my bench right now... If you have an extra $120, I'd suggest going ahead and ordering the Timeny and not even fooling with the XMP. You will be much happier in the end.

Also, if you've never messed with a trigger, I recommend getting a gunsmith or someone knowledgeable to do so. That is not a part you want to have out of adjustment...For safety reasons.

Hell, you can get the 2 Stage Calvin Elite for $160 from Ryan Pierce:D

Thanks Everyone for the advice , just went down and back it off some and didn't seem to make much difference ! Definitely be replacing it shortly. I'm looking for a pull of around 2 to 2.5 lbs. .

Have Remington LR in 7 mm and the first thing I did was change the stock trigger with Timney. Makes a world of difference....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts