Never Spoil your Bird Dog!

Hey, I'm back home in AK. I have dog's sleeping on the couch, chair and memory foam dog beds. Neighbors dog is even in here sleeping on the couch. Figured I'd give a bit of an update to the trip I talked about in post 98. After pheasants in SD with the two older Brits I took my Brother, his two sons and my soon to be nephew in law to a released pheasant place in MI. Took all three Brittany's on that trip. My pup was 11 months old then. She retrieved the first rooster shot that day. A friend won a trip for four to a lodge in SD which I took my dogs on. We shot 53 roosters in three days. Dogs had a great time. Here's a picture of my pup, last bird of the trip. She retrieved about 7 or 8 birds, she had to compete with the guides labs and my 13 year old Brit. Really just a post to brag about my pup!
Take Care
IMG_3411.jpeg

Hey, I'm back home in AK. I have dog's sleeping on the couch, chair and memory foam dog beds. Neighbors dog is even in here sleeping on the couch. Figured I'd give a bit of an update to the trip I talked about in post 98. After pheasants in SD with the two older Brits I took my Brother, his two sons and my soon to be nephew in law to a released pheasant place in MI. Took all three Brittany's on that trip. My pup was 11 months old then. She retrieved the first rooster shot that day. A friend won a trip for four to a lodge in SD which I took my dogs on. We shot 53 roosters in three days. Dogs had a great time. Here's a picture of my pup, last bird of the trip. She retrieved about 7 or 8 birds, she had to compete with the guides labs and my 13 year old Brit. Really just a post to brag about my pup!
Take Care
View attachment 556124
Nice bird! Wish I was back in Anchorage. Oh well.....

I was looking for a pic of my dog retrieving a bird. This is the only one I could find. This toy lasted about five minutes before there was stuffing all over the floor.
View attachment 556304
Most of the time my gsp's have been very softmouthed on game and absolutely death on toys, most dying a quick and noble death in just minutes.

Most of the time my gsp's have been very softmouthed on game and absolutely death on toys, most dying a quick and noble death in just minutes.
That reminds me of one of my great Black lab retrievers who had a very soft mouth. Well until out hunting geese and had a good flight of honkers come in and we were able to drop a few. Well one was a cripple that headed out across the corn field with Toby hot after his trail. Goose got he ear and was chewing away, well when the honker was dropped off at my feet, it was chewed up a little.
Just love my doggies.

That reminds me of one of my great Black lab retrievers who had a very soft mouth. Well until out hunting geese and had a good flight of honkers come in and we were able to drop a few. Well one was a cripple that headed out across the corn field with Toby hot after his trail. Goose got he ear and was chewing away, well when the honker was dropped off at my feet, it was chewed up a little.
Just love my doggies.
One of the things that I appreciate about my furry buddies is that they are all individuals with their own personalities, and a heck of a lot of fun.