Never had this happen before..(ain’t she cute? 😉)

Neat. I had something similar with a wildcat but never could get it close enough to see anything but the reflecting lights in its eyes. Was a few years ago and first time I had heard one, just made a sound like a baby crying back and could hear it getting closer and closer. Unfortunately was dark, it was several hundred yards away at start, and by the time it was getting close to where I would be able to make it out in the tall vegetation of the hay field, my wife comes out and blares "why are you crying like a baby out here". Heard it scurry off after that.

This is the young buck born in my front property . have many pictures growing up, but need to get a new laptop to show the time line. He was just born and left on the road. I picked him up and carried to his mom on the other side of a 4' fence just 20' away. The mom never left and ran over to me when I put him down in our field. we put orange collars on the deer we hand fed, but someone shot them anyway. Have many more with Jill & my mom hand feeding 10-12 point bucks

Attachments

• 1622656595750.png
    1622656595750.png
    769.9 KB · Views: 29
@Coyote Shadow Tracker
Too Cool! When I was younger I worked for a boarding & training kennel (specialized in Field Trial Labradors) and they had a permit from Fish & Wildlife to 'rehabilitate' orphan fawns. I helped take care of several over the course of my employment there. Was always tough to have to release them once they were old enough to be on their own. 😕

@Coyote Shadow Tracker
Too Cool! When I was younger I worked for a boarding & training kennel (specialized in Field Trial Labradors) and they had a permit from Fish & Wildlife to 'rehabilitate' orphan fawns. I helped take care of several over the course of my employment there. Was always tough to have to release them once they were old enough to be on their own. 😕
Yes we had a few really close encounters with animals really spiritual, They were our Friends and companions. They TRUSTED us. Unfotunilty our neighbors didn't respect the orange collars.