Need to replace a Schultz and Larsen M68DL bolt

dynafit

Am trying to replace a lost bolt for Schultz and Larsen M68DL, 7mm Rem Mag. I've posted this request on several other boards throughout the world.
Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

I'm sure that since you have "posted this request on several other boards throughout the world" that you have tried contacting Schultz & Larsen already. If not, here is their website:

https://schultzlarsen.com/home-3/

Since these rifles were produced as early as 1966 with only about 4,500 produced for the world, it's fairly doubtful that you'll find a bolt that isn't already attached to an existing rifle.

But Best of Luck in your search!

:)

Schultzlarsen.com was the first place I checked. They were not helpful.
Do you have any suggestions of what to do with a boltless S&L M68DL? Sell for parts? Or change the receiver? Trash it?
It is a very disappointing situation.
Thanks for your input.

Schultzlarsen.com was the first place I checked. They were not helpful.

That doesn't surprise me at all. First, that model has been out of production for a long time. Second, the company has been sold at least twice (maybe thrice) that I can find. That takes all the supply source out of your situation. The design change from rear lugs to front lugs limits the potential available actions significantly, unfortunately.

I suggest trying the secondary markets and even the tertiary markets for parts or partially stripped rifles. If you haven't tried the Scandinavian countries, I'd look at their websites for parts.

My own thinking, after exhausting the possibilities, is to strip your rifle and sell the parts or sell it as whole minus the bolt for parts.

It might be significantly easier to just buy a new rifle and skip the searching from here on.

Best of Luck!

:)

It may be worth reaching out to a company call Hunters House in Denmark. They are a huge firearms business that has a very large inventory of Schultz and Larsen rifles and accessories.

When my cousin visited the shop four or five years ago they had more than 300 new S&L rifles on the shelf.

I noticed that they have new wooden stocks for the S&L M 68 DL.

Recent Posts